Nothin’ More to SayRyan | Friday, November 12th, 2010 Leave a Comment
Stephanie asked me on the way home from synagogue tonight what I was planning to blog about.
After thinking about it for a moment, I realized the answer was simple:
“There’s nothing more to say, really.”
I think that’s where I’m at with all this. What else can I possibly say to describe going on this journey? What new insight am I going to have at this point? What else is there to learn that I haven’t already uncovered?
Then again, maybe it’s the reinforcement of the key lessons that matters most. Take this morning, for example. Once again, I jumped into the pool early. Against my wishes. It was so cold, my feet were numb on the pool deck. I slogged through 3,150 yards going the long way (50 meters, not 25 yards). My timed 500s were slower than usual. I didn’t want to be in the water. At all. Especially for that distance. I wanted to be in bed, enjoying some extra sleep. I basically want to do as little as possible right now.
But I didn’t quit. I gutted out the workout, despite not wanting any part of the experience. Despite not having a very good swim. I got through it.
That happens to all of us every day. We just have to get through it. If you quit once, you can quit twice. And then what? Quitting can become the same habit as displaying grit and tenacity.
So, while I may not have more to say, I do have more to learn. More to remember. More to internalize. More to project to the world.
I may not have more to say. But there’s still much to do.
9 days and counting.
Wow. SINGLE DIGITS!
You May Also Like
- Grouchy! I was a big grump today. And tonight. Why? My swim sucked this morning. I was lethargic...
- Not Feelin’ It Practically every time I pack my bag the night before for a 6 a.m. morning swim —...
- Work-Life Balance Today is one of those moments where I’m so glad I have work-life balance. When the two...
- Sick? Again? What timing. There must be a big race coming up because once again, I feel like I’m...
- Work and Training Collide! This week is going to be difficult to find time to blog. It’s E3 — the Super...